Sunday, June 28, 2015

UFO Digest's Dirk Vander Ploeg Dies

Dirk Vander Ploeg, editor/publisher of UFO Digest, has died.

His daughter, Anna Van Der Ploeg, on June 27, 2015, announced the following on Facebook:
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the passing of my father, Dirk Vander Ploeg yesterday [June 26, 2015] in his sleep. I can't find the words at the moment, but I love him and miss him very much. He was wacky, opinionated and full of ideas. I'll miss our movie dates. I am overseas at the moment, and being away is very hard right now. Dad didn't want a fuss but we will have a celebration of his life. RIP Daddy.
She posted the following photograph of her father:



Dirk Vander Ploeg studied Communication Arts at Mohawk College, Hamilton, and lived in Hamilton, Ontario.


At Machu Picchu, in Peru on October 13, 2012.

Dirk's book, Quest for Middle-earth.


Carolyn and Dirk, 2009.

1 comment:

Pattie said...

Dirk was one of a kind and I know that now he is finding all the answers to his questions.

Love you & miss you